The Lake Geneva Hope Walk is a non-competitive walk that raises funds to fight breast cancer. The Hope Walk started when a group of women all realized they knew someone very close that had suffered from breast cancer. They decided to create a fundraiser to help less financially able women in their fight against breast cancer. Each year the Hope Walk has grown to include more and more individuals that come from all over to join in the walk and the fight against breast cancer. This year proceeds go to the Aurora Health Care Breast Treatment Assistance Program. This program helps educate women and defrays medical expenses for uninsured and underinsured women for mammograms.
Date: Saturday, September 27, 2014
Save the date – the event is always the last Saturday in September.
Place: Library Park, West Main Street, Lake Geneva, WI (Directions)
Time: You may begin walking between 7:00-9:00 a.m. at your convenience after registration check in. Due to the nature of the narrow path, we will not have a mass start.
Distance: More trail information.
Pick your own distance and turn around at any time.
- 14 mile walk (approximately 5 hours) – Start in Library Park. Turn around in Williams Bay. End in Library Park.
- 5 mile walk – Start in Library Park. Turn around at the Driehaus Estate. End in Library Park.
- 7 mile walk – Start in Library Park. End at Williams Bay Park.
- Enjoy the private gardens of the estates that line the lake as you walk along the beautiful public access Geneva Lake shore path.
- The path consists of mostly unpaved terrain with a few rolling hills. It is not recommended for strollers or any wheeled objects.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on the path. Pink bandanas are available at registration.
Special Event Information:
Face of Hope Contest: Show us your spirit with creative, clever, or cute outfits worn during the walk. Winner(s) will be announced on our website and Facebook page after the walk and honored as next year’s “Face of Hope” on our advertising.
Geneva Lake Shore Path Guide – $8.00
For sale at the walk with $3.00 of each sale going to the
101 Historical and contemporary points of interest.
$35 per participant – Pre-registration
$40 per participant – Register day of walk
Registration fee includes t-shirt for the first 300 registrations, snacks, beverages and you’ll support a great cause. Proceeds go to the Aurora Health Care Breast Treatment Assistance Program.
Parking: There is metered parking directly in front of Library Park. In order to avoid paying the meters and getting ticketed, it is suggested to park on the side streets. Parking meters can be paid by credit card and replenished via smart phones along the walk.
- Start of trail: Restrooms are located at the Chamber of Commerce Building, Riviera building, and Library Park in downtown Lake Geneva.
- Along the trail: There is a port-a-potty at Chapin Road generously donated by Pat’s Sanitation.
- End of trail: Restrooms are located at Williams Bay Park.